Membership BenefitsBISG membership is open to anyone interested in the current and future direction of the book industry. As a way of structuring the different opportunities available to members, BISG organizes its work across three, interlocking catagories: Standards & Best Practices, Research, and Education & Events. In addition, BISG is pleased to feature special Reciprocal Membership Offers and a robust Affiliated Partner program.
STANDARDS & BEST PRACTICESMembers influence key industry standards, policies, and best practices through participation in BISG's diverse volunteer-led Committees.
- BISG Policy Statements
- Barcodes & Labels
- Classification Schemas (including BISAC Subject Headings)
- Digital Content Distribution (including EPUB 3)
- EDI & E-Commerce
- Mobile Commerce
- Product Metadata (including ONIX)
RESEARCHMembers receive free or discounted access to key industry data and information.
- BookStats (2010 thru 2013)
- Consumer Attitudes Toward E-Book Reading (2009 thru 2013)
- The Development, Use, and Modification of Book Product Metadata (Jan 2012)
- Faculty Attitudes Toward Content in Higher Education (Feb 2012)
- Student Attidues Toward Content in Higher Education (2010 thru 2013)
EDUCATION & EVENTSMembers attend important conferences either free-of-charge or at a substantially discounted member rate.
- Annual Meeting of Members
- Online Webcasts
- Executive Lunches
- Making Information Pay Conference
- Making Information Pay for Higher Ed Publishing Conference
- Professional Development: Book Metadata & ONIX
- Discounted registration to other industry events
RECIPROCAL MEMBERSHIP OFFERSBudgets are tight and BISG understands every penny needs to stretch. To help organizations get the most bang for their buck, BISG has developed reciprocal membership agreements with the following trade organizations.
- Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA)
- Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA)
**A company taking advantage of this offer must not have been a member of the organization it is using the discount to join within the last two years. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.**
AFFILIATED PARTNER PROGRAMBecoming an Affiliated Partner or general program sponsor with BISG offers organizations the unique opportunity to assert their belief in and commitment to quality research, education, standards, and best practices within the international book industry. In addition, BISG's sponsorship opportunities provide the ability to connect with top executives and decision makers across the full spectrum of our $27 billion industry.
**Click here for information about the most common sponsorship opportunities available from BISG.**
2013 Affiliated Partners
To join BISG, simply complete and submit the Membership Application.