Complete BISAC Subject Headings, 2013 Edition
Begin the simple, two-step process for choosing your BISAC Subject Heading below. Note: If you need to download and incorporate this list into your databases and systems, click here to obtain an End Users' License Agreement. If you can't find the code you're looking for please go back and review other Major Subjects to find an alternate code or use our Contact Form to suggest revisions to the next version of the list.
Step 1: Determine the major heading which best describes the content of your book. Click on a heading below for more specific headings within that category.
If your title does not have subject content, i.e. a blank book, please use the Non-Classifiable term below. Otherwise, use the Subject/General term in the closest descriptive area. NON000000 NON-CLASSIFIABLE
Please note that the BISAC Subject Headings List is governed by the following copyright notice. © 2013, Book Industry Study Group, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of the attached documents may be distributed or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the express permission of the Book Industry Study Group, Inc.
- How will digital book subscription services impact your organization's revenue? Tell us what you think: http://t.co/q2tk9fvgz1 — 1 day 2 hours ago
- Starting May 6th: eBook Ninjas - the industry's first comprehensive #ebook design + development course https://t.co/GtBwJDi1EN — 1 day 23 hours ago
- BISG Bulletin is out! In this issue: #MIP14, subscription research, http://t.co/I9obfjfDgV, new MRC chair, + more... http://t.co/KDhIl1z0Ws — 2 days 3 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #ISBN and Other Identifiers: Standards Basics for Indie Pubs. Join us tomorrow! http://t.co/iq16FIHtEK — 1 week 2 days ago
- We want your opinion about #ebook subscriptions! Industry people, take BISG's brief survey here: http://t.co/q2tk9fvgz1 — 1 week 2 days ago