Complete BISAC Subject Headings, 2014 Edition
Begin the simple, two-step process for choosing your BISAC Subject Heading below. Note: If you need to download and incorporate this list into your databases and systems, click here to obtain an End Users' License Agreement. If you can't find the code you're looking for please go back and review other Major Subjects to find an alternate code or use our Contact Form to suggest revisions to the next version of the list.
Step 1: Determine the major heading which best describes the content of your book. Click on a heading below for more specific headings within that category.
If your title does not have subject content, i.e. a blank book, please use the Non-Classifiable term below. Otherwise, use the Subject/General term in the closest descriptive area. NON000000 NON-CLASSIFIABLE
Please note that the BISAC Subject Headings List is governed by the following copyright notice. © 2014, Book Industry Study Group, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of the attached documents may be distributed or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the express permission of the Book Industry Study Group, Inc.
- What's really up with college students' print-vs-digital preferences? Register for @BISG's 4/28 conference in NYC http://t.co/QvItzyyawA — 1 day 19 hours ago
- HarperCollins' Deal w/ Playster @publisherswkly http://t.co/PUs3seoV8b It's the subscription economy! @bisg study at http://t.co/4cjS3bPI6V — 1 day 20 hours ago
- @BISG BISAC town hall meetings: Would YA subject categories make for a better BISAC? Member input requested! http://t.co/omHeHYycsJ — 2 weeks 3 days ago
- Going to Austin for @IBPA Pub U? Learn to make great ebook files in this eBook Ninjas class at a very special price! http://t.co/znqlYRiOnu — 3 weeks 1 day ago
- Webcasts this week: today'sBISAC-to-Thema mappping and Thursday's introducing all things @BISG. Join us!!http://t.co/jwp1HsrDVi — 3 weeks 5 days ago