Complete BISAC Subject Headings, 2014 Edition
Begin the simple, two-step process for choosing your BISAC Subject Heading below. Note: If you need to download and incorporate this list into your databases and systems, click here to obtain an End Users' License Agreement. If you can't find the code you're looking for please go back and review other Major Subjects to find an alternate code or use our Contact Form to suggest revisions to the next version of the list.
Step 1: Determine the major heading which best describes the content of your book. Click on a heading below for more specific headings within that category.
If your title does not have subject content, i.e. a blank book, please use the Non-Classifiable term below. Otherwise, use the Subject/General term in the closest descriptive area. NON000000 NON-CLASSIFIABLE
Please note that the BISAC Subject Headings List is governed by the following copyright notice. © 2014, Book Industry Study Group, Inc. All rights reserved. No part of the attached documents may be distributed or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the express permission of the Book Industry Study Group, Inc.
- College students expecting A's are more likely to prefer digital course material. More @BISG's Higher Ed Conference http://t.co/qmmM00XkGz — 4 days 4 hours ago
- College students expecting As increasingly prefer digital content; more insights @BISG's Apr. 28 Higher Ed conference http://t.co/lchWuA5pPe — 5 days 2 hours ago
- @BISG's updated BISAC to Thema Mapping: Discoverability without borders http://t.co/ZeKSGwLDgY — 5 days 4 hours ago
- College students increasingly prefer digital course material: @BISG study results at 4/28 Higher Ed conference in NYC http://t.co/Tw9thUIPNs — 1 week 6 hours ago
- Here's Ken Michaels, Macmillan Science & Ed, on why attend @BISG's Higher Ed conference on April 28 http://t.co/bwPAWzrFbv — 1 week 5 days ago