Product Metadata Best Practices
NEWLY REVISED! Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Senders and Receivers provides detailed instructions on improving the accuracy of product data throughout the supply chain in order to increase efficiency between trading partners, and to make content more discoverable. Developed in cooperation with BookNet Canada, the BISG Metadata Committee published a substantial revision to its best practices documentation in September 2013, combining what had been two handbooks -- one for data senders and one for data receivers -- into a single document. The revision provides a wealth of information on metadata for digital products, and shows examples in both ONIX 2.1 and ONIX 3.0.
Part of the Metadata Committee's work to revise the Best Practices was informed by the findings from BISG's research on The Development, Use, and Modification of Book Product Metadata, which mapped the flow of metadata across the publishing supply chain. Click here to learn more about this important research or to purchase a copy of the report.
CLICK HERE to download Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Senders and Receivers
Last updated April 2014
- Meet @BISG's new executive director! Mark Kuyper has been appointed its eighth leader. http://t.co/VLECojAFCy — 19 hours 16 min ago
- Countdown to BEA 2015 - come see @BISG! Booth 864 and Making Information Pay http://t.co/gUY7I1eEi9 — 20 hours 34 min ago
- Great addition to IDPF #DigiBook15 w/ technology optimist Jane McGonigal @avantgame! @BISG's program looks good too http://t.co/0aVdwl7ag5 — 1 week 5 days ago
- Inkling's Matt McInnes challenges big publishing's ability to drive innovation http://t.co/kS1lqX1nQu @DigiBookWorld #BISGALI2015 — 3 weeks 6 days ago
- Nice @DigiBookWorld piece on @BISG's Nadine Vassallo on college student preferences for content at #BISGALI15! http://t.co/iVzT5f5uyN — 3 weeks 6 days ago