Product Metadata Best Practices
NEWLY REVISED! Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Senders and Receivers provides detailed instructions on improving the accuracy of product data throughout the supply chain in order to increase efficiency between trading partners, and to make content more discoverable. Developed in cooperation with BookNet Canada, the BISG Metadata Committee published a substantial revision to its best practices documentation in September 2013, combining what had been two handbooks -- one for data senders and one for data receivers -- into a single document. The revision provides a wealth of information on metadata for digital products, and shows examples in both ONIX 2.1 and ONIX 3.0.
Part of the Metadata Committee's work to revise the Best Practices was informed by the findings from BISG's research on The Development, Use, and Modification of Book Product Metadata, which mapped the flow of metadata across the publishing supply chain. Click here to learn more about this important research or to purchase a copy of the report.
CLICK HERE to download Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Senders and Receivers
Last updated April 2014
- @BISG's webcast on better BISAC basics is breaking registration records! 1:00 today http://t.co/UT4XbI8Ho1 Is — 3 days 3 hours ago
- @bisg.org Book discoverability across borders with Thema subject categories mapped to BISAC-this webast explains. http://t.co/yitV0L3Ru7 — 3 days 4 hours ago
- RT .@ShiftTheDigital: Digital Natives Prefer #Reading In Print http://t.co/hQ1ESQw8vX @bisg sees what they really do!http://t.co/7mXLzauWwU — 3 days 22 hours ago
- ONIX for Books for better metadata-learn how in classes w/ Graham Bell http://t.co/cuCbDyD3pq @bisg. Thanks @firebrandtech for sponsoring! — 3 days 23 hours ago
- The best ebook files are developed by eBook Ninjas! Production & QA class in Austin, Bay Area, Chicago, NYC. Info: http://t.co/OTwPdjfP2e — 1 week 2 days ago