Product Metadata Best Practices
NEWLY REVISED! Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Data Senders and Receivers provides detailed instructions on improving the accuracy of product data throughout the supply chain in order to increase efficiency between trading partners, and to make content more discoverable. Developed in cooperation with BookNet Canada, the BISG Metadata Committee most recently updated the guide in May 2015, completely restructuring the document to emphasize ONIX 3.0 and adding new ONIX 3.0 best practices and examples.
Prior to this update, the committee published a substantial revision in September 2013, combining what had been two handbooks—one for data senders and one for data receivers—into a single document. This revision added a wealth of information on metadata for digital products.
Part of the Metadata Committee's work to create the Best Practices was informed by the findings from BISG's research on The Development, Use, and Modification of Book Product Metadata, which mapped the flow of metadata across the publishing supply chain. Click here to learn more about this important research or to purchase a copy of the report.
CLICK HERE to download Best Practices for Product Metadata: Guide for North American Data Senders and Receivers
- For all those dealing with rights transactions in publishing: is there a better way? Your input needed! http://t.co/dwJqg0iywD — 3 hours 16 min ago
- "Get Started with EDUPUB" w/this @BISG webcast w/ @soxionado Paul Belfanti-what it is, why it matters, who it's for. http://t.co/wG9uZZitYd — 1 month 5 days ago
- Nominations are now open for @BISG's annual industry awards! Info at http://t.co/mzT5SP1oGc — 1 month 1 week ago
- Help @BISG label the new BISAC categories for YA /Teens by taking this quick survey http://t.co/erf1DnYaWU; info at http://t.co/3fBYxujIC7 — 1 month 1 week ago
- @AAP's tracks subscription for 1st time http://t.co/LLLQbJk5eH. Background info via @BISG's report on subscription! http://t.co/4cjS3by7fn — 1 month 2 weeks ago